Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Piper

Oh, yes, there were other important events this summer, like Piper's birthday! I asked her what kind of cake she wanted (and didn't offer any complicated or creative suggestions) to which she replied, "I want a pink cake with purple frosting." Okay, then, no problem! I had to borrow some red food dye and found these gumdrops hidden in the cabinet. Not bad for random decorations. It met her expectations, so she was happy. We had a small celebration. Really, as long as there is cake, it's a fantastic party according to my children.


Piper's gift was a new big girl bed. She was proud and delighted an did not expect anything else. Come to think of it, since I am writing this a good three months late, she hasn't fallen off of her new bed once! Graci, on the other hand, has fallen off a few times, usually doing something she should not be doing. Someday I will fulfill my dreams of making the girls matching white farmhouse style twin beds and giving them their own cutely decorated bedroom. As for now, considering there are only three pictures mounted total in my entire house (we will have been here two years in January!), this dream is likely to remain such unless I have some burst of decorating energy. Unfortunately, decorating energy is not in my nature. *sigh

No comments: