
Piper was asked to be the flower girl in a friend's wedding. She was very excited, especially after reading the Arthur book about how D.W. wants to be the flower girl, but her cousin gets to instead. At the rehearsal, I was busy playing the keyboard. I made a note of where I would be stopping the music and it ended perfectly, right before a nasty page turn (made nastier by the fact that I was singing and playing), and for you music people, where I could end on a PAC. Well, at the rehearsal, Piper only had the basket to pretend with. We had practiced at home and I showed her how to walk slowly and toss the petals to the ground, first on one side, then on the other. At the wedding I began the music and things proceeded as practiced, except when I reached the spot in the music I had previously planned on stopping, only a couple of the wedding party members had walked by. I looked over my shoulder and started chuckling (hard to play and sing when chuckling). There was Piper, moving at the speed of slug, meticulously taking exactly one flower petal out at a time and throwing it to the ground with enough force to stick a pitch fork straight up in the mud. If she got two flower petals, she stopped to make sure they were unstuck, picked her favorite, and hurled it to the ground. It was just too cute. I'm not sure how they got her moving. Maybe someone came up behind her. That's my Piper, though. She takes her jobs seriously!
No comments:
Post a Comment