Alright, so I skipped town for a few days...okay, it was a couple of weeks. What else was I going to do since my husband was attending the Young Men's High Adventure? The original plan was for my parents to come visit during that week and take Piper and me to the Ozarks/Branson/other remotely tolerable places in Missouri for a week. Then they had a burst of genius and thought why pay for two tickets to visit the muggy Midwest when we could just pay for one ticket and fly Annah and Piper to see us?! I like their thinking and so we stretched my trip out into two weeks. I really don't have a good excuse for neglecting my blog, but here are few I was using to justify things inside my head:
1. At Grandma and Grandpa's house in Mesa, Piper slept in the computer room. I would try to sneak in time on the internet, but she of course felt like if mommy is in the room, she should be playing with me, so she would "complain" as she rolled around in her pack'n'play until I either paid attention to her or left the room to let her sleep. No blogging there.
2. At Grandma and Grandpa's house in Pinetop, my dad's laptop was the computer option, which was all fine and dandy except who wants to spend time on the computer when you're in the mountains and the weather is 78degrees and about 5% humidity if that? Besides, all that trouble without a mouse? Nah.
3. The batteries on my camera were about ready to die after a week and plugging it into the computer would have sucked the rest of the batteries away within 30 seconds. Of course I forgot the battery charger at home. Funny, though, after a couple days of complaining about how I really aught to be blogging, some AA batteries appeared in a drawer and I was saved...but by then we only had a day left in the mountains, so I squeezed in some fishing instead.
And thus begins my attempt to blog about my two week trip to Arizona...hope you enjoy the rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment