Friday, June 20, 2008

I love friends and family.

Piper with Jack
Piper with Hazel
Piper with Aunt Nedra
Piper with Sue

The Saturday before Piper and I left we had a little get-together at my parent's house. In attendance were: My cousin, Amber, her husband, Bryan, and their twins, Jack and Hazel. My dad's cousin, Sue. My parent's friend, Sandy. My Aunt Nedra and Uncle John. And a couple from my parent's church congregation (ward). My mom made this insanely yummy seven layer dip. Instead of using refried beans she blended a can of black beans with red beans for the bottom layer. She also doctored up store-bought baked beans and potatoe salad. It amazes me that she can just taste it and know exactly what to put into it to make it taste ten times better. I do not have this talent. We also had hamburgers, a delicious coleslaw (instead of using mayo or miracle whip, use olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar). Maybe I should have taken a picture of the food.

No comments: