party at my house with all the fixin's. How big was Piper's first birthday party? Well, let's put it this way. We made so many chicken shish-kabobs that I had to go to my sister-in-law, Meredith's, the day before to pick up their brand new huge gas grill so Peter wouldn't have to spend two hours grilling 80 kabobs over our tiny tailgate-size Weber. I also borrowed six chairs from my friends and had to haul in the piano and organ benches for more seating. It was crowded, loud, and fabulous! I did make sure to stick to the traditional creative cake. I opted for a dog face cake I saw on the internet (which also happened to be the easiest dog face cake on the internet). Piper thought it was really cute to lo
ok at, but when she had her special moment to dig into her cupcake, she did exactly as she'd done the day before when I tried to get her to eat a cupcake then; made a disgusted face, pushed it aside, and finally, threw it to the floor. Two days later we had ground turkey meatloaf that Piper scar
fed down. Next time I'm going for meatloaf in the shape of a cake decorated with bits of cheese, carrots, and kidney beans. That would have been a winner. I guess I should be glad for now that she doesn't have a sweet tooth.
ok at, but when she had her special moment to dig into her cupcake, she did exactly as she'd done the day before when I tried to get her to eat a cupcake then; made a disgusted face, pushed it aside, and finally, threw it to the floor. Two days later we had ground turkey meatloaf that Piper scar
fed down. Next time I'm going for meatloaf in the shape of a cake decorated with bits of cheese, carrots, and kidney beans. That would have been a winner. I guess I should be glad for now that she doesn't have a sweet tooth.
After the cake and present formalities, a few kiddos headed across the street to the pool. Peter took Piper while I stayed behind to chat and clean things up a bit...but really the credit for that goes to Ross and Lauren. Actually, all of these lovely pictures were taken by Lauren as well! I'm so glad they were here to celebrate with us.
So, the party was a huge success. Piper has been enjoying all of her presents and was thoroughly worn out from the event. I'm not really sure what else to say except that I'm glad I started getting things ready a week in advance! Thanks to everyone who came and also to those of you who are far away and wished Piper a Happy Birthday. Your wish came true!
No comments:
Post a Comment