When I bought my stroller about a year ago on Craig's List, the woman I purchased it from couldn't say enough good things about it. Now that I've gotten some good mileage out of it, I too would recommend my stroller for use by other mothers.
The only word of caution she had was that the umbrella didn't reach very far and the sun was often a problem. Once Piper was big enough to ride front facing in her stroller I encountered the same problem. We took the stroller with us to San Diego in February because I knew we would be walking a great deal. I brought a blanket big enough to drape over the umbrella to block out the sun and help Piper take a nap. It was working well until the wind came along.
Yesterday, while at the zoo, I saw many, many strollers of all shapes and sizes. I brought a large blanket to use as I had in San Diego. About half an hour before we left, I saw a woman pushing a stroller similar to mine. One difference caught my eye. Her stroller had an extension on the umbrella made of black mesh that you pulled out from underneath the umbrella. It attached to the front of the stroller and tahdah! there was a perfect sunshade.
I stared at her stroller in amazement as the rusty wheels in my underused brain slowly clicked into gear. I exclaimed, "That's what the mesh under my umbrella is for!!!" I scurried to the front of the stroller, unlatched the mesh I had been wondering about for months but had been too mentally lazy to figure out, attached it underneath Piper's cheerio tray and continued to exclaim additional statements such as, "I can't believe I hadn't figured this out!" "How amazing is this stroller!" "Now she can't throw toys over the side!" "How did I ever live without this!" "I can't believe I brought this blanket with me!" "I didn't have to put sunblock on her after all!" and so on and so forth.
No comments:
Post a Comment