Yesterday Graci announced to me that today would be Jiki's birthday. I don't think I've ever mentioned Jiki on this blog before, but he is Graci's imaginary friend. She first started talking about him about a year ago. Within the last couple of months her Jiki reports have become more frequent. A few weeks ago she mentioned that Eye Lock was coming to play, too. Apparently Eye Lock is Jiki's younger sister. Whenever I ask Graci where Jiki is during the day she usually responds that he is at band practice. He goes to band practice all day and plays his guitar in the band. Eye Lock, on the other hand, is usually at ballet class when Jiki is at band practice.
I never did figure out where Graci got the name Jiki (Gee-Kee), but I did discover the origins of Eye Lock's unique name when Graci was singing a song they have been learning in Primary. One line of the song goes "whenever I touch a velvet rose, or walk by a lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me." Well, Grace pronounced lilac "eye lock," and voila, Jiki's sister was "born!" hahah
I really thought when Graci first started mentioning her imaginary friends that she would use them as her scapegoats for all the things she might get in trouble for doing (as my Peter's sister blogged about her children doing.) She really hasn't done that, though. Maybe she knows I won't buy it? I also thought she would insist on making a cake for Jiki's birthday. She mentioned he was going to have a spiderman cake, so maybe his imaginary mom made one for him? I didn't ask because I certainly did not have the supplies on hand for such a fancy cake.
I think this week I might pick Graci's brain a little more about her friends and see what she comes up with. Piper asks her about them as well. It's all so intriguing, especially since Piper never had any imaginary friends. I just love how their little minds work!
No comments:
Post a Comment