Friday, November 19, 2010
So, what are those Clarks up to anyway?
I am illegally updating my blog really quick during school hours because my normal afternoon blogging time was pushed aside due to a faculty meeting. Yes, a faculty meeting. I have resumed teaching music in the public schools! Five years ago, when Peter was in his final year at K-State, I took my first job as a K-2 music teacher at Central Elementary school in Wamego, Kansas. I had a really good experience there, but knew we would move when Peter was able to find the job he wanted. We moved to Kansas City, where I worked for a year in the Turner school district and left teaching to stay at home with Piper when she was born. When we moved back to Wamego my plan was to start up my Let's Play Music classes again (which I have) and continue to stay at home with Piper and Graci. In July I was contacted by the high school band director that my old position was open at Central. I was very excited for the opportunity, but worried about finding someone I trusted and knew well to take care of the girls. I was able to find a wonderful sitter with lots of experience that I also attend church with. I applied and got the job and have been happy with the decision to go back, although at times it is difficult. I am comforted to know that just from working one year we will be able to pay off our student loans. We are not finished adding to our family, but we have felt since Graci was very small that a larger break between children was the right thing for us to do. Right now I am rehearsing with 2nd graders for their "Winter" program, "The Abominable Snowman: Friend or Foe?" a program I wrote when I was here previously. I am so excited because this time around it is going to be even better! That's it for today. Ah, this was a true blog post! Tons of rambling and no pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment