Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Knights

Kristen, Piper, and Mac.

Since I've been neglecting my blog so much lately, I think I'll go with a story about the only pictures in my camera, something I've also been neglecting.

These pictures are from a trip we took to nearby Eudora to see the house our friends, Mac and Kristen Knight, bought. For those of you who don't know Mac and Kristen, I met Mac at K-State as a music major. A couple years later Kristen came along, another flautist like myself. One summer Mac announced to me that he was thinking of asking Kristen out. I told him I thought that was, and I quote, "an excellent idea!" So, he asked her out and we went on our first date with them: dinner and snipe hunting. Poor Mac, he's the only one who had never been. Mac and Kristen got married last year when Piper was about a week old. We were in the wedding and it was beautiful! Mac is now in his fourth year as the band director in Eudora and Kristen is starting as an elementary music teacher this year in the same town. Their extended family is taking bets on when they will have a baby.

So, about their house. It's a four bedroom, three bathroom ranch with a two car garage and a laundry room. Plus, they have a full walk-out basement and a large deck above the patio. Their yard is gigantic and they also have a shed. It's pretty much awesome. We're hoping they get a ping-pong table or something and invite us over for sodas from the wet-bar, as Kristen says that's all that will be served there besides juice. Way to go, guys!

No comments: