Monday, March 31, 2014

Piper


Piper is an easy-going, caring, and smart little girl.  She has recently been delving into crafts.  My friend, Jenny, is all about patiently teaching children things like sewing and knitting.  Piper's latest favorite is the circular loom (Mommy at least had the sense to buy it for her :).  She is still a voracious reader.  Grandma Ecker introduced her to the Boxcar Children books a few weeks ago and she is hooked!!  Margie loves Piper dearly and will go to Piper for hugs and comfort if Mommy is not readily available.  Soccer has just started up again and Piper is learning so quickly with Daddy as her coach.  Daddy has also been teaching her to play chess.  One of these days Graci will be mature enough to learn and then we'll really have some fierce competition around here.

Piper will be turning seven this summer.  I noticed my blogger profile photo has a picture of Piper and me together when she was smaller than Margie.  How the time flies!  A few months ago I was in Wal-Mart, a rare but sometimes necessary occurrence, when I spotted a tall woman with two tall daughters with her and felt like I was looking through a portal into my future and it had me really excited.  Piper teaches me daily and I know she will continue to be an example to us all.

No comments: