Poor Margie. I call her Little Marge more often than not, I just can't help myself. She is growing incredibly fast. After experiencing Piper and Graci as babies I am amazed at how my thoughts have changed in reaction to the little things babies do. My attitude before was so anxious. I was always looking ahead to the next milestone. Now I savor each moment and try desperately not to take even the tough times for granted.
Margie turned ten months this last week. We've been battling some ear issues and rashes, but really, she's still such a happy baby! Here are a few things she has started doing the last couple of months (none of which, thankfully, are crawling, though she is getting closer!).
1. Margie started pointing (with her right hand) and saying, "Dis." Piper did the same thing at this age and although Graci was more verbal than Piper, she never did "dis." Margie is usually pointing at a ceiling fan. Once when we were eating breakfast at Peter's parents house (this was a few months ago before the pointing) Margie looked up and saw the fan (it wasn't on) and began jabbering with gusto, looking up and waving her arms.
2. Margie has been perfecting the word "dog." Missy usually hangs out under the table while Margie eats, but if she is not there, Margie announces emphatically when Missy enters the room. I can recognize now if we are out and about and she spots a dog. "Dog" was Piper's first "real" word. Graci's was "tractor."
3. Food! Margie's number one favorite food right now is wheat bread. I'm really hoping wheat isn't an allergy (we are going to get her tested soon because something is definitely up with this kid in that department). A close second is bananas and she also loves applesauce and sweet potato. She'll munch our sweet peas from the garden, but usually just wants to gum it and ends up spitting most of them out. Graham crackers are also a hit. She'll eat some meat so long as it's seasoned well.
4. Lately Margie has started to refill boxes and bags instead of just emptying them. She also loves to hand me things and then take them back. Today at church she played with a Rubbermaid container for about twenty minutes. I would take the lid off, hand it to her, then take it back and open it, etc.
5. Sisters. Piper and Graci are Margie's favorite forms of entertainment. Piper's attention span for Margie is much longer. She'll sing to her, give her toys, pick her up and relocate her, feed her, and also hold her arms while I change her diaper. Graci's version of playing with Margie usually involves taking toys from her and giving her different ones or saying, "Gooo!!" in a rather frightening way right in Margie's face. When we still had the Jumperoo, Margie would jump while Graci jumped on the trampoline next to her. I have a pretty cute video of that. Someday I'll have to add it to the blog when I have better internet!
6. Crawling. Like I said, Margie is not crawling yet, but when her ears aren't hurting her, she's getting much more adventurous on the floor. She'll turn her legs and stretch her hands out in front of her to reach a toy. She'll also rock back and forth on her knees if she is on her tummy. Sadly, she just can't get those hands going, but she'll figure it out eventually, all babies do. When she does I will spend the better part of my time chasing her and keeping her away from various hazards like the stairs and the return air vent.
7. Walker. We've been using a loaner walker from my friend, Amy. Margie immediately was able to move backwards and discovered all sorts of new things: kitchen cabinets, the dishwasher, the refrigerator (and in turn her sister's artwork!)
I feel like I could go on forever about Margie! We are just so glad to have her and I will miss her as a baby, but look forward to the cute little girl she will become soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment