Piper is always asking to hold Marjorie. Her biggest jobs right now are fetching diapers, unbuttoning onesies, and holding Margie while Mommy uses the potty (sounds silly, but what a big help!). She always asks me what Marjorie is saying. Usually I respond with something like, "Oh, Piper, you're such a good big sister!" or, "I want my mommy milk!" Once Piper asked, "She really said that?!" I told her I was making up what I thought Marjorie would say and Piper acted very disappointed like I was trying to pull on over on her. I guess she thought I really could interpret Marjorie's thoughts. I wish!
This is me with my hair brushed! Hooray! I have Marjorie on my chest about 3 hours a day and 2 hours a night. I'm not complaining, though, she'll only be this little for a short time. I will admit I am anxiously awaiting a new sling I bought as I can't find mine. I'll be able to wear her around the house and use two hands again!
Graci is less interested in Marjorie than Piper, but is still a good help and will always be up for getting a diaper or a blankie. Margie gets lots of kisses on her head from Graci and Graci enjoys mimicking how I take care of the baby with her own baby.
Margie has a pretty good bond with Peter for a newborn I think. She spends a few hours on his chest everyday as well and will let him hold her without screaming. It helps that she has an affinity for sucking on fingers. We're working on a binkie, but thank heavens we always have a clean finger around.
I threw this picture in because this is what I looked like after church about five hours before I birthed Margie! I still can't believe it all happened in one day and so fast!
Here I am with a fresh Margie getting ready to go home late Sunday night from the Topeka Birth and Women's Center. Margie was actually born at 6:19 pm on August 12. She weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and was 21 inches long! She is a sweet, alert, and expressive baby and we are so blessed to have her here with us!




1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you, but been too wrapped up in school/life here that I haven't called. Shame on me.
Post a Comment