Monday, April 23, 2012

Guys and Dolls

Tonight is our first rehearsal with the cast of Guys and Dolls.  I think I'm nervous.  I don't usually have anxiety dreams about anything, even having a baby, but last night I dreamed that there were about 100 people in the pit, Dr. Tracz, my former band director was conducting, and I left to go to the bathroom (because I'm pregnant!) and he gave my solos away because I wasn't there.  Yeah, pretty terrible.  Plus, my friend, Richard, who is a phenomenal clarinetist was sitting next to me freaking out the entire time that he didn't know where he was and whenever I asked him to cover a more difficult clarinet part out of my book, he would freak out even more!  I woke up so relieved that the first rehearsal is tonight so I can get it behind me.  I think part of it is that I have never been inside the Columbian Theater, which is where we are rehearsing/performing the show.  Anytime I have some big event coming up that is going to take place somewhere I have never been I always have a dream about it.  I think it's my brain trying to sort out the new experience ahead of time to calm itself down.  Dear brain:  just wait until we actually GO there and then I promise, you will have a mental image with which to cope!  Wish me luck!

No comments: