This summer was a busy one! We started summer with a trip to Arizona. We tried out a difference airline out of Wichita (a much cheaper one) and really liked it! The airports on both ends were much smaller, which meant less walking with children. Soon after arriving in Arizona Peter and I took off on our own for California to attend his youngest brother, Jacob's, wedding. We had fun, though we missed the girls at all the fun events. We were, however, glad they did not have to endure the long boring trip across the desert with us. They had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma said Grandpa took morning duty, which allowed him plenty of opportunities to change Graci's dirty diapers. Though we weren't gone for five days, Grandpa ended up with that "doo-ty" five days in a row (but who's counting?).
After Peter returned home to work shortly after our return from California. The girls and I spent the week visiting family and trying to stay cool. At the end of the week I attended Let's Play Music training to prepare to teach the second year of the program. The following day I attended the Let's Play Music symposium, which was a wonderful experience, especially being surrounded by so many Let's Play Music teachers. The program is growing so fast!

After church with Grandpa.

My nephew, Sawyer, with my parents.

My Grammy

Peter and I took the long way home through the mountains.
This is a picture of us at Lake Arrowhead.

This is pretty much what the scenery was like the ENTIRE drive no matter which highway we took. Still regretting not driving through Joshua Tree National Park. Next time, I guess.
If you made it this far in the post, you get to read my embarrassing traveling story! Hooray! When we booked our flight to Arizona, I ordered all our tickets there one-way instead of round-trip since Peter would be returning solo. I ordered his plane ticket home while I was at school--I ordered all our plane tickets there since we had no internet at home, wah-wah. A month or so before our arrival my mom sent me an e-mail saying she had not received our return flight info. I just figured the e-mail had gotten lost, because I remembered looking at return flights. Well, at the very beginning of our trip down to Arizona I had just gotten a new smart-phone. I decided to look more into this "lost" itinerary. Couldn't find it. When we got to Wichita we stayed with our good friends, Ray and Natalie. I used their computer and confirmed my mistake. I had never in-fact ordered return tickets for me and the girls! Luckily not many people fly out of Arizona at 6am on this airline, so I was able to order tickets at the last minute and only ended up paying $100 extra total. Wow, did I feel like a dork! Won't let that one happen again!
No comments:
Post a Comment