Wednesday, September 2, 2009
The Great Bobcat Sighting #3
Although we live in an area thick with apartment buildings, townhomes, and condominiums, we are very close to a couple of small, but densely wooded areas. Every once in a while we will catch some wildlife roaming through the area, but on our street it is pretty rare. However, there is a bobcat that lives in the woods that has ventured on our street twice that I have seen. Both times I have been sitting at the computer and have seen him outside our window. Last year...well, maybe it was two years ago, he walked on the side walk right in front of our house. I saw him and thought, "Wow, that's a big cat." When I did a double-take I noticed his pointy ears, short tail, and abnormal enormousness. He took off toward the pool and I ran after him with my camera, but alas, I was not fast enough. Well, today I did not waste any time. I grabbed my camera and with Graci under the other arm, I took off and managed to snap a few pictures. By the way, bobcat sighting #1 was by Peter about a block from our house. I am not the only one that has seen him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment