Monday, June 15, 2009
Digital Stinkin' TV
As I am having my usual marathon of blog posting, Piper is watching cartoons on television. She should be watching Sesame Street except that our cheap government coupon purchased digital converter box is acting up...again. I am not exaggerating when I say every breeze, squirrel, car, or person that walks past the house or just past the box makes is lose its signal. It reminds me of the commercial they used to have on TV for Married with Children. The dad would say, "Assume Fox Cable positions!" They would all grab their respective pieces of foil antennae and pose around the couch in the appropriate positions to get the signal. This is exactly how I feel as I continually reposition my antennae in an effort to get a program to come through without it sounding like a broken record for a minute straight or reorganizing the tiny little squares on the screen to get the picture to catch up where it should be. I'll admit, today is worse because of the massive thunderstorm we are having, but normal calm days should give me a calm picture! Why, you say, don't I just order cheap cable or dtv? I'll tell you why! Because paying for television is not for me! This converter box might stink, but the programming is free free free! I have two babies, a house payment, students loans, gas and groceries to buy. The last thing I need is to spend money on television!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment